Embrace the wild beauty of the Beara Peninsula in County Cork for an unforgettable and unique adventure on board a sea safari boat trip. In the easy company of passionate local guides, begin at Garnish Pier just 22 kilometres west of Ireland’s largest whitefish port, Castletownbere.
From this moment, scene after scene unfolds like a picture book as you journey onward through the experience of a lifetime past islands, inlets and coves toward Bull, Cow and Calf Rocks that have been shaped by the sea with distinctive natural arches. Feel your heart soar within the raw splendour of this natural landscape while spotting bird and wildlife from gannets and dolphins to whales and seals.
Learn histories, stories and folklore from Gaelic Chieftains and Vikings to courageous lighthouse keepers and how the Bull Rock was once considered the path to the underworld. View Dursey Island, home to Ireland’s only cable car, where so many of its inhabitants departed due to the Great Famine.
Key Highlights on Dursey Boat Trip sea safari includes:
- Scenery | spectacular views of the rugged coastline | taking in Dursey Cable Car, Dursey Island, Cow, Calf and Bull Rocks |views of The Skelligs.
- History | see for yourself how life was like as a lighthouse keeper and hear about the great storm of 1881.
- Live Commentary your guides, passionate in what they do, will pass on their wealth of local knowledge.
- Bird life & Wildlife whales, dolphins, basking sharks, seals and otters and a dazzling array of sea birds can be spotted foraging in these rich feeding grounds.
- Gannet Colony the Bull Rock is home to one of the largest Gannet colonies in Ireland.
- Photo opportunities wonderful backdrop for striking photos – memorable experiences – sunset tours
Book directly here
Total Duration 1 hour and 30 Minutes
For info, you can contact us: 0868989999
We hope you can join us for an unforgettable experience.